Themar Trucks nv is responsible for ensuring that the personal information provided by you to us will be dealt with confidentially. By informing us of your personal data you agree to the provisions of the privacy statement below.
In which manner do we collect your personal data?
We can collect your personal data in various ways:
- During a visit session on our website, when you fill in a contact form and via cookies (you can read more regarding our cookie management).
- On the basis of order forms when you buy goods from us.
1. WHICH DATA DO WE PROCESS?
In general, we record the following data:
General information and contact information
- Company name, address, VAT number
Identification data of a contact person: name, first name, language, gender, postal address, delivery address, telephone number (landline/mobile), email address
- Data that you voluntarily transfer to us during contact with one of our representatives.
- Information that we receive via communication by email/telephone.
Information collected in a computerised manner
When you visit our website we can save specific information on the basis of the cookies placed by us. We refer you to our cookie statement for further information regarding this.
The data is saved on the secured personal servers of Themar Trucks nv, or on those of a third party. If we receive data via our website, we use encryption technologies that are acknowledged as accepted standards in the IT sector.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Information acquired with your permission
- To be able to send our newsletters or other promotional emails that you have registered for;
You can object to this use of your email address at any time and free of charge (deregistration is possible in an easy manner via the link added at the bottom of each email);
- To be able to answer your questions when you ask them via our website.
For the performance of an agreement
- For following up and processing your order
- For general client management, including the processing of accounts, management of disputes and legal proceedings, the collection or transfer of pecuniary claims and the protection of our rights in general.
On the basis of our justified interest
We can also use your data for looking after our justified interest (for example in a client relationship), including the use for the promotion of our offers via direct damage or loss. We hereby always safeguard the balance between this justified interest and respect for your private life.
- To inform you of products and services (with the exception of the cases that require your express permission, please see above)
- For prospecting purposes
- To be able to conduct analyses (including client screening), to acquire a better insight into our visitors so that we can better attune our offer and services to the needs and requirements of our client and contacts in general
- To fulfil the statutory obligations that we are subjected to
- For the prevention and combat of fraud and exploitation
In specific cases we are required by law to share your personal data with the government or authorities specified by law.
4. THIRD PARTIES
data is possibly shared with:
- Our service providers, if we rely on them to provide specific services on our behalf, such as advertising agencies, IT service providers, accountancy employees, transport companies that are engaged for the delivery of the goods etc.
- If specific legislation or legal proceedings require this of us
We will not save your personal data for any longer than necessary for achieving the purpose for which we process this data. The retention period can differ for each purpose. It can be necessary on the basis of legislation that your data is saved for longer.
6. RIGHT OF ACCESS AND IMPROVEMENT AND REMOVAL
We offer the option to you to view, improve, or remove the personal information that has been provided to us at the time. You can also submit a request for changing incorrect data, incomplete data, or data that is no longer relevant. Please contact us for this purpose via the details below.
7. RIGHT OF OBJECTION
Everyone has the right to object free of charge to the use of his or her data that is processed for direct marketing. Please contact us for this purpose via the details below.
8. CHANGES OF THIS POLICY
Themar Trucks nv can adjust this privacy statement from time to time, for example in changes of its service or the applicable legislation. It is therefore advisable to regularly read this privacy statement. You can always find the most recent version at: https://themar-trucks.com/en/privacy-policy/
Latest update: 04/05/2018
9. DATA CONTROLLER
You can always contact the data controller via the contact details below for any questions with regard to your personal data:
Themar Trucks nv
Tel +32 3 866 36 63
Fax+32 3 866 24 06